Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Triumph

After an impromptu wedding decimated the ranks of female players on Poach this week, I was a bit apprehensive about our chances for last night's game.

I was even more terrified when I showed up at 6:30 on the dot to find myself the 5th player at the field. Fortunately we ended up with 8 players for the evening, and the other team had a lot of newbies (and only one woman with any clue about where to run), so playing iron woman wasn't a problem, and we kicked ass! I even attempted a layout twice. Sadly, on neither occasion did I make the catch... one might argue that the layout attempts were gratuitous, but how do you know until you try?

We even went out afterwards to celebrate our 15-4 victory :)

BTW, don't quote me on game scores... apparently we won last week's migraine-infested game 17-15, not 17-16 as I had earlier stated (or 16-14 as our opponents entered into Leaguerunner).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home