Thursday, December 01, 2005

Bad Team-mates!

You might think, having paid dearly and agonized over whether or not you were even going to get into Indoor Advanced Ultimate (IAD)*, that you would actually show up to your ultimate games.

As it turns out, that is not the case.

My team only had 6 people show up last night (six total, including men and women), only one of whom had told us in advance that he wasn’t going to make it.

We made a valiant effort, despite only being able to pick up one male sub, and in fact led the game until the final point was scored to give our opponents the win. However, it was an exhausting effort, involving burning chest pain and shaky legs, and the not too surprising result of this was that I sprained my ankle in the last ten minutes of the game.

Shockingly, it was not my bad ankle.

Today, I am indeed sore, in all senses of the word. At least I can still walk.

And now I’m going to have to become one of those pathetic ultimate players who wears an ankle brace on both ankles, and even with that, I’m not 100% guaranteed to be able to play next week. I've said I will be playing next week, but let's face it, that may be the ibuprofen talking.

This must never happen again!

* As a side note, what in the world does the D in IAD stand for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home