Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Patience - Not My Strong Suit

I suppose it was predictable, but last night, I tried another bunch of cookies, and I ruined them again… This time it was because I didn’t separate the cookies sufficiently on the cookie sheet, so they all ran together. I’m thinking I’m also going to have to cut down on the butter and increase the flour if I want to achieve the kind of crisp, clean edges that characterized my grandmother’s cookies. I’m starting to think it’s time to give up and do macaroons, or something easy that doesn’t need cooking.

But I will give it one more try. Now, self, repeat after me: I will be patient. I will bake the cookies in batches. I will rotate the pans.

I will be patient. I will bake the cookies in batches. I will rotate the pans.

I will be ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home