Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back to Reality

Well, Christmas break is over, once again. The new year has arrived and it's time for us all to run smack dab into the reality of our lives.

Every time I've sat down to write at this blog lately, I've been feeling very negative, and so I haven't written anything. However, if I keep that trend up you may never hear from me, so this time I will write anyway.

Clearly I need to make some changes. So many, in fact, that I don't know where to begin (even though, realistically, I have begun, by buying a townhouse and changing my living situation). Must pick a place and get started.

On a more positive note, I did enjoy many parts of my Christmas break. Highlights included:
- a rib roast dinner to die for
- yummy waffles made with butter on Christmas morning (so tasty you don't need to put anything else on them)
- an evening of dinner and music spent with a new dance friend
- an evening of dinner and dancing spent with an old dance friend, who unfortunately is leaving for China in a few days
- a fabulous New Year's celebration featuring turkey dinner, Clue, bridge, good wine, good port, chocolate pie!, and most importantly good friends :-)
- did I mention all of the time spent with good friends?

I also got some stuff done around the apartment, and unpacked nearly everything except the office. So that was all good.

And I just know that 2008 is going to be better than 2007 - maybe not immediately in the living of it, but in the outcome, I feel certain it's going to be a better year.

And I trust it will be good for all you out there too :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home