Tuesday, August 22, 2006

With Bated Breath

It was with bated breath yesterday that I left the ultimate field at 7:35 to head off to the opening cast meeting for Beauty and the Beast. When I left, the score was 9-8 in a game that we were allowing to be entirely too close for comfort. With our team history of pulling off the big choke at the end of a game, I was somewhat apprehensive about the fate of our quarter final game.

What a pleasant find when after logging onto my computer this morning I discovered that we had pulled off the win 15-11. Yay us! I guess all we needed was to get my crappy D off the field :-)

The cast meeting is causing another sort of bated breath... Orpheus is looking for a cast of 35-40 for Beauty and the Beast. 24 of these will be chorus dancers/singers, and 13 are in named roles. As of just prior to the cast meeting, they already had 90 people signed up to audition, and dozens more signed up at the cast meeting.

The good news is that the music director is looking for operatically trained voices for many of the main parts: Belle, the Beast, Mrs. Potts, Gaston, Madame de la Grand Bouche. The questionable news is that he already has quite a strong idea of what he's looking for in terms of sound for each of these roles.

I'm definitely glad that my audition is very early on in the process. Tomorrow between six and eight I'll get this nonsense over and done with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home