Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yay! I have a mirror again!

No thanks to the efficiency of Suzuki, mind you!

A few weeks ago, I had the unhappy experience of coming out to my car on a Saturday morning to discover that the driver's side mirror had been smashed overnight.

I still can't quite decide whether it was deliberately vandalized (you'd think that if someone was into vandalism they'd to a more thorough job, by keying the car or the like - not that I'm complaining if it was mysteriously restrained hoodlums!), or whether it would have been an accident... but regardless, nobody left a note or took responsibility in any way.

Fortunately, they only damaged the top inside corner of the mirror, so I could still use it while driving.

Or rather, that was fortunate, right up until the moment that I took my car into Suzuki to get them to fix the mirror. They'd quoted me a $14 part and half an hour of labour to fix the problem... but when I returned to pick up my car they informed me that the part they'd received from Suzuki didn't actually fit my car.

I'm still not clear on whether that was because they ordered it wrong or because Suzuki didn't make it clear in their catalogue that the mirror for the 2004 Swift+ was different from the mirror for the latest Swift+ model... but I don't really care.

Because of them I had to drive around for two weeks with no driver's side mirror, just a black box staring me in the face every time I wanted to track the cars coming up behind me on the left...

And the different mirror part cost $23 instead!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home