Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Crème Brulee Bravery

Somehow, after getting on the topic of tasty vanilla extract with Darcy, I ended up going home with a Kitchen Torch, a container of heavy cream and an ambitious plan to make crème brulee from scratch.

It didn’t seem like such a difficult task, until the time came when I was struggling with the ceramic casserole dish and French onion soup pots that I was using as a substitute for a baking dish and ramekins. Adding to the complication, the casserole dish was full of boiling water in addition to the soup pots.

The next scary moment came when I had to decide whether the pots were “set around the edges”...

Though I do have to say that some very tasty meringue cookies resulted as a side effect of this endeavour, so in one way, I have already succeeded.

And as for the crème brulee, Chris and Darcy will have to be the judge of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home