Friday, January 05, 2007

In with a whimper

A belated Happy New Year to you all... somehow the New Year just seems to have slipped into place, without my really noticing it, despite the fact that I went out to a fancy party and got suitably intoxicated on New Year's Eve; experiencing the "traditional American-style New Year" for the first time.

Good news! I've discovered a new drink for all you with a sweet tooth: Gin and sugar! Yes, I may be the only person in the world sick enough to mix sugar with my gin and call it a drink, and the discovery of this combination was almost certainly fueled by an alcohol-induced haze (and the fact that my boyfriend forgot I was drinking scotch when he went to get me a drink). Tasty, though. I do like the flavour of juniper :-)

I don't feel like I've had the time to even consider New Year's Resolutions, though I'm not really the sort of person to make them, and certainly not the type of person to keep them even if I did make them. I've been too busy acquiring an expanded role as property manager in my parent's life... did you know that a house inspection can last 3 hours? well, if you combine it with a fire safety inspection, and have two really thorough professionals working the property over, it most certainly can.

At any rate, welcome to you 2007, though you kind of slipped in the side door and are now very effectively blending into the scenery. I entreat you to adopt Google's slogan as your own, and Do No Evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home