Friday, December 08, 2006

I wish it were a real beach!

The corporate lingo of my employer refers to the times when you are between projects, without any billable work to do, as being "on the beach" or "on the bench" - it's only been a week, and I am already thoroughly tired of being here!

Please, please, please let some meaningful work come through for me soon! I know that I'm not someone who derives much of her self-esteem or personal identity through work, but even so, it's pushing on eight months since I've done any useful, challenging work as a business analyst, and I think my brain is turning to mush...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to try to get Stephen to a real beach this Christmas...

4:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I m new to the coporate world just 4 months old and already "on the bench". Why do they say there is a shortage of IT professionals when most of them are just whiling away time? Oh and i wish it was a couch not a bench!!!

11:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home